Dispute Resolution expertise
Disputes, whether they concern your business, organisation or your personal relationships, can be damaging, stressful and time consuming. Preventing and resolving disputes earlier and more effectively benefits all involved.
Sometimes debt resolution requires formal court processes such as litigation, other times alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration, mediation and negotiation can resolve the issue sooner and more cost effectively.
Stace Hammond’s dispute resolution team has significant experience across a wide range of disputes. The firm has a proud litigation history and pedigree with a number of former partners becoming Queen’s Counsel and Judges. The firm is readily able to utilize these relationships for clients where such expertise is required. While each client faces a different set of facts and issues, we generally believe that the best and most cost-effective approach is to prevent and resolve disputes sooner rather than later.
Our expertise includes:
- Debt recovery
- Insolvency (e.g. company receiverships and liquidations, personal bankruptcy and creditor compromises)
- Banking, finance and securities
- Statutory compliance issues (e.g. Companies Act 1993, Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, Credit Contracts Consumer Finance Act 2003, Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, and Fair Trading Act 1986 issues)
- Property (personal, residential, commercial and IP)
- Family, trusts and estates
- Construction (Construction Contracts Act 2002 and Building Act 2004)
- Insurance (director liability, professional liability and statutory liability as well as material damage and policy response)
- Harmful Digital Communications, defamation and privacy
- Employment disputes
Depending on the nature of the dispute we may be able to offer alternative fee arrangements, such as competitive fixed fees for certain litigation steps, fixed or contingency fees, or blended rates.