I have in excess of 20 years’ experience in the law and recognise the benefit of providing pragmatic, cost-effective solutions for clients with disputes.
I regularly represent clients in Court and also in alternative dispute resolution.
Before becoming a lawyer and joining Stace Hammond I had almost 20 years’ experience at the NZ Insolvency and Trustee Service, ten years of which was as a Deputy Assignee. I authored two chapters of the popular New Zealand insolvency text Heath & Whale on Insolvency.
I specialise in providing advice to:
- Insolvency practitioners, company directors and shareholders regarding director duties, shareholder disputes, company liquidation, voluntary administration, receiverships, compromises with creditors and voidable transactions;
- Debtors and creditors in insolvencies;
- Debtors and creditors in debt recovery matters.
- Debt Recovery
- Contractual Disputes
- Property Disputes
- Commercial Disputes
- Trust and Estates Disputes
- Banking and Finance
- Courts and Tribunals
I am also an author of two chapters of “Heath and Whale on Insolvency”, published by LexisNexis.
- Member of the New Zealand Credit Finance Institute (NZCFI)
- Member of the Restructuring & Turnaround Association of New Zealand (RITANZ)
I am on a roster providing free legal advice at the Citizens Advice Bureau.