Business Sales, Purchases & Mergers expertise
Deciding whether to buy or sell a business is an exciting and significant decision. M&A transactions present a host of legal issues, for vendors and purchasers alike. If not appropriately covered off, they can lead to un-intended and substantial financial consequences.
Every step of the M&A process, from initial negotiations through to settlement, should be considered and measured, with the help of expert legal advice.
Stace Hammond has extensive experience and expertise in M&A. We have acted on a wide range of complex sale and purchase transactions, in which we have assisted New Zealand and overseas-based clients to buy and sell businesses.
Our clients operate in varied and diverse industries and sectors, and include small and medium sized businesses, financiers, private equity funds and multi-national corporations.
Our Partners have worked in private legal practice at major law firms, and in-house at commercial enterprises, in New Zealand and in the United Kingdom. Several of our key people have been involved in some of New Zealand’s most significant deals, involving high-profile local and international businesses.
Stace Hammond’s M&A expertise includes:
- Confidentiality agreements and terms sheets
- Due diligence investigations and reporting
- Pre-sale restructuring
- Acquisition finance and security arrangements
- Negotiating business and share sale and purchase agreements
- Employment matters
- Property transfers and leases
- Transfers of commercial contracts
- Intellectual property
- Restraints of trade
- Leveraged buy-outs and management buy-outs
- Joint ventures
- Shareholder agreements
- Securities law compliance
- Taxation issues
- Procuring regulatory approvals (i.e. Overseas Investment Office, Commerce Commission)
- Overseeing deal closing