I am an Associate in the firm’s litigation team. I take pride in finding answers for clients. I enjoy breaking down complicated legal issues into something that’s easy to understand. I am practical and have a commercial mindset. I enjoy getting to understand how my clients’ businesses run and this helps me provide them with the highest quality advice.
I have a broad range of legal experience and specialise in insolvency and property litigation. I regularly appear in the High Court and District Court. My clients include insolvency practitioners, multinational financial services providers, a major building products supplier, business owners and property owners. I am vastly experienced in debt recovery litigation. I have worked on numerous summary judgment proceedings, liquidations and bankruptcies. I have acted for a wide range of creditors (both smaller personal disputes through to multi-million dollar commercial disputes).
I started my career in property and general practice prior to specialising in litigation. I have worked in London in some of the large UK law firms before returning to New Zealand in December 2018 and starting with Stace Hammond in February 2019. My property and commercial background gives me an edge on most litigators.
• Debt recovery
Other work I have carried out includes:
• Acting for commercial property owners in relation to a dispute concerning the removal of covenants
• Acting for commercial landlords with problematic tenants (serving PLA notices and applying for Court orders)
• Advising property purchasers on misrepresentation and Fair Trading Act disputes
• Advising liquidators on claims against directors
• Advising beneficiaries on trust disputes
• Member of the Restructuring & Turnaround Association of New Zealand (RITANZ) (formerly INSOL)
• Member of the Auckland District Law Society (ADLS)
• New Zealand Law Society (NZLS).