I identify problems before they arise and provide pragmatic solutions if you find yourself in a dispute. Whether you’re involved in a complex commercial dispute or a matter of personal importance, I have a range of experience, skills and connections to help you achieve the outcome that you want.
I aim to resolve disputes for my clients as quickly and cost effectively as possible. I am experienced in alternative dispute resolution and regularly represent clients in courts and tribunals. In addition to litigation, I provide sound commercial advice for a range of clients from individuals and startups through to large multinational corporates. I have a particular interest in fintech and social media related disputes as well as sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
I specialise in advising:
- Directors, shareholders and insolvency practitioners – in relation to director duties and claims, shareholder disputes, company liquidation, voluntary administration and receiverships, voidable transactions and personal property securities issues
- Insurers, brokers and insureds – on policy response, defence and recovery matters
- Professionals: lawyers, accountants, valuers, real estate agents, engineers, insurance brokers, trustees and architects – in relation to professional liability claims
- Creditors and debtors – in relation to personal property securities registration, insolvencies, priority disputes and security enforcement
- Trade credit insurers, collections agencies and their customers – in debt recovery matters
- Former Vice President of the Auckland committee for the New Zealand Credit Finance Institute (NZCFI),
- Member of the Restructuring & Turnaround Association of New Zealand (RITANZ) (formerly INSOL),
- Member of the New Zealand Insurance Law Association (NZILA).