My approach to helping clients resolve disputes is to endeavour to bring some certainty to an uncertain situation. This involves mapping out the process to follow to resolve the dispute and predicting the outcome as information comes to hand.
When advising clients, I draw on my experience of over 30 years in practice acting for numerous clients facing a variety of issues.
I am conscious that each client has a different tolerance for risk, and I endeavour to get a feel for what that tolerance is. Each client comes to a dispute with their own circumstances.
I endeavour to have disputes resolved as promptly as possible so that the client can get on to the next aspect of their life or business.
I keep my clients informed of what is occurring and ensure they receive regular updates of their affairs and are for example copied in on correspondence. That way there can be regular and meaningful dialogue with the client.
- Resource Management
- Banking and Finance
- Public Works Act land compensation cases before the Land Valuation Tribunal
- Court and Arbitration Practices and Procedures
- Trusts and estates
- Board of Waikato Diocesan School for Girls
- Member of the Statutes Revision Committee of the Anglican Waikato Diocese
- Prior member of the New Zealand Law Society Waikato Bay of Plenty Standards Committee.