As New Zealand’s largest industry, farming, forestry, horticulture, beekeeping and fisheries are critical to our economy.
Since the firm was first established in the Waikato we have been assisting businesses related to agriculture. Our expertise in this field is unmatched and we are passionate about what you do.
For many years we acted for the two main rural service providers in New Zealand. We have dealt with every aspect of rural services businesses including livestock, sale yards, rural finance, real estate, retail stores and everything else (including family trust and other farm business continuity structures).
Climate change and the Covid-19 pandemic mean agriculture faces a raft of challenges. Combined with our tech and sustainability expertise, we are well resourced to assist you with the next phase of the evolution of your agribusiness to help you grow your assets and protect your wealth.
We can assist you with:
- Property transactions (sales, purchases, leases, subdivisions, easements and covenants)
- Ownership structures (from family businesses through to syndicates)
- Trusts, succession planning and relationship property
- Heritage covenants
- Overseas Investment Act compliance
- Finance and investment
- Dispute resolution including Farm Debt Mediation
- Health and safety, employment and immigration
- Animal law